The Home & Garden show is coming to the Minneapolis Convention Center February 29 through March 4. My husband and I usually have a date to go. By this time of year, we’re ready for it to feel even more like Spring with the anticipation of enjoying our own backyard garden just around the corner. It’s a treat for all the senses.
There is quite a lot happening at this show from home interiors, gardening, remodeling, decor ideas to kitchen gadgets.
- Explore the glorious gardens created by top local landscapers and garden centers.
- Visit Innovation Alley to see the newest products in home, décor, kitchen & bath, and outdoor living.
- The Green Scene has the latest in “green” products to make your home earth-friendly.
- Experience the latest in outdoor living at the Ultimate Backyard Lounge.
- Get expert advice from the gardeners at The Minnesota Horticultural Society, buy bulbs or browse their gift shop.
- Tour the 2012 Idea Home designed with the empty nester in mind — perfect for us.
We go to look mostly at the garden spaces, stop for a bite of lunch and even enjoy a glass of wine or mug of beer as we walk around. We make a day of it!
On Sunday (the last day), they have a pancake breakfast from 9am-Noon. If you stick around until 5pm, you can buy the unique plants used in the feature gardens at the plant sale.
Ticket info and details for the show
Minneapolis Home and Garden Show
February 29 – March 4, 2012
Minneapolis Convention Center
Adults $13 at door (online purchase save $2); Children 6-12 $4.00; Thursday is Senior Day (60+)
Maybe I’ll see you there!